Put your faith into ACTION
Let's be known as a church that puts faith into action! It is not enough to share our belief in word or sentiment only. The very heart of God is that His children would demonstrate His character, authority, and power in the midst of a broken world.
No matter where you are on your spiritual journey, YOU have a part to play in sharing the kingdom of God with others. You see, the Kingdom of God resides in you! It is with you everywhere you go. You serve as an ambassador, a representative of the Father’s heart, mind, and will.
Spheres of influence
There are different spheres of service where you are called to have an influence. For the most part, we are all called to participate, to various extents, in all of them. It is likely, however, that you will have a significant desire, or passion, for one in particular:
- Ministry unto God - we are all called to personal devotion to Christ through prayer, worship, study, etc. Some members of the Body have unique roles as worshipers and intercessors, spending much of their time ministering unto God directly.
- Ministry unto the Body - we are all called to serve one another in efforts to build the Body of Christ. This often includes serving in a ministry that supports the mission of your local body. Ideally, your service aligns with your unique gifts and calling. Some members of the Body are called to be part of the five-fold ministry and/or may play significant roles in helping the Church be efficient and effective in influencing culture for the Kingdom.
- Ministry unto the community - the kingdom of God inside of us should certainly touch our direct contacts such as family, friends, and co-workers. Some members of the Body may have additional influence as business leaders. Others may have a specific passion to reach out to the broken in our community through outreach ministry.
- Ministry unto the nations - we can all support the Church in efforts to advance the gospel in marginalized nations and/or those places where a significant portion of the population has not heard the gospel of the Kingdom. Some members of the Body may have a specific calling for missions work and travel extensively to share the gospel abroad.
How do I know what I am called to do?
It is important to note that for the overwhelming majority of us, our gifts and calling unfold before us over time. This means you don’t have to have it all figured out BEFORE you get involved. If you are not sure HOW you would like to get involved, answering the following questions may provide some initial direction:
- Do I have a prophetic word over me that provides insight into my gifts and callings?
- Does a particular type of service experience energize you?
- Do I feel drawn to help a specific group of people?
- In my quiet time with God, do I find myself focused on any specific sphere of influence?
- If I could do anything for God, and know I won’t fail, what would it be?
- Has God used other people to recognize or confirm a specific gift or calling in me?
Think about what resonates with you based on where you are at now and look for opportunities to contribute. Over time, things may become clearer and/or another piece of the puzzle will drop into place. But it starts by being faithful with what you have today!
If you would like to learn more about opportunities to get involved at Cornerstone Chapel, please use this contact form to request a meeting with a member of our leadership team. We would love to work with you to discover AND release you into your calling.