Growing up in Christ
At Cornerstone Chapel, we believe each individual member has a part to play in building up the Body of Christ and extending the Kingdom of God.
Ephesians 4: 11-13 tells us, “And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
The great commission - the call to make disciples - extends to every member of God’s family. We are HIS representatives here on earth. The five-fold ministry (apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, and evangelists) serves to instill the mindsets and skill sets that help us be effective in living out our faith.
Commit to the process
Growth in Christ is an on-going process, not a one-time experience. God’s ultimate goal is to form Christ in us so that HE may flow through us! This transformation must impact not only our “church life” but also the very fabric of daily living. God intends for our thoughts, our priorities, our intentions, our actions, to become ONE with HIS.
This type of life change requires effort on our part. We cultivate an environment for growth by intentionally seeking to know God’s thoughts and heart. With humility, we invite Him to show us where we yet need to change in thought and behavior. Abiding in Christ means we remain open to the Holy Spirit revealing Truth and transforming us into God’s image. This process doesn’t stop!
Are you hungry to know the ways of God? Do you want a renewed mind and a spirit empowered approach to life? Do you long to be an effective witness for the glory of God while you are here on earth?
Resources for your faith journey
CONTENT UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Check out our online resources designed to help you mature in faith. For convenience, we have broken down content into the following subject areas:
- Foundation of Faith - basic principles and mindsets for spiritual growth
- Core Disciplines - building your toolkit for spiritual development (tips for developing a lifestyle of prayer, scripture reading, etc.)
- Personal Development - identifying and cultivating your unique contribution
- Life Skills - skill sets and mindsets for life success (relationship, money, creating an environment for growth, etc. essentially taking a response-able approach to life)
- Kings Ministry - skill sets and mindsets for business
- Missions and Outreach - doing the work of the ministry
- Leadership Development - influencing others for growth and action
In addition to these online resources, check out our events page to find upcoming in-person training opportunities.